Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sunday Reflections

I was sitting in church today reflecting on God's grace in placing us there.

Last fall we drilled into our youth that the church is not the building, it's the people. I was thinking about that, and about how amazing it is that we are there. How in our great plan we were visiting this city for a few months.

I could see a brother who, before we started attending was my pilot and flew me to Toronto so that I could have a crucial surgery that may have saved my life a couple of years ago.

I saw some of my youth with their various hopes, dreams, passions and talents.

I saw the quiet violin player who blesses our whole congregation humbly.

I saw our shepherd who daily leads us by his life and ministry in the Word.

I looked around and thought about how each face there was a representation of so many things that the average passer by would not see. Pains and joys. Struggles and triumphs.
I reflected on how God has privileged us with the gift of having this congregation welcome us with open arms. How we are a living body that we have been placed there to be a part of.

I looked and saw my family.

I pray that I never take that for granted. We are so privileged to be a part of this family.
Thank you all for loving us so deeply, so sincerely.
We are blessed to be a part of you.

3 comments:

Geoff said...

beautiful, kim. you are loved. :)

Darlene Koop said...

Kim, you beautifully expressed exactly how I feel about our church family! I'm so very glad that you are part of my family too!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better. I'm very thankful for God's grace in you as well.